The Freestyle Pro keyboard with its award-winning design offers the ergonomic features of the Freestyle2, but with additional benefits: The keyboard is fully on-board programmable and features low-force Cherry MX Brown mechanical key switches.
You can easily switch between Windows, Mac and Dvorak layouts or even create your own. Programming with the Freestyle Pro is a breeze with onboard shortcuts and the no-install SmartSet App. The standard 20″ linking cable makes the keyboard incredibly flexible. You can position the modules and way you like - no matter your shoulder width.
The ergonomic design retains a zero degree slope from front to back. Most keyboards, even ergonomic models have a positive slope, so you have to bend your wrists using them. The FS Pro with the zero degree slope also decreases the height, resulting in an actually negative slope, so wrist extension is reduced. Thus, you can work in a natural position, with relaxed hands and arms. We call it Body Centred Working.
The key modules are connected by a 20 inch cable that suit any preferences and body types. The standard configuration allows up to 12 inches of separation. If you need more, just remove the cable compartment cover on the back of the left key module and thread out the stored cable until you reach your desired width.
This Freestyle Pro keyboard features Cherry MX Brown stem low-force tactile key switches. “Tactility” is a slightly elevated force at midpoint of the key's stroke which indicates the switch is about to be activated. A tactile response is preferred by many ergonomists, as it provides a cue for your fingers that activation is about to occur, so the frequency of “bottoming out” the switch with a hard impact can be reduced.
- Adjustable Split: You can separate the key modules to shoulder-width to keep your wrists straight. The included 20″ link cable accommodates almost all body types.
- Tenting: Tenting accessories are available that enable 5, 10, and 15 degrees to reduce forearm pronation that is caused by flat keyboards.
- Low Profile: Zero-degree slope eliminates wrist extension. For even more comfort, apply palm supports and cushioned palm pads - available here.
- Compact Design: The tenkeyless layout with the numbers embedded in the keypad results in a smaller footprint, so you can move the mouse closer to your body.
- Operating systems: Windows 7, 8 & 10, Mac OS X 10.4+, Linux, Android, Chrome
- Adjustable linking cable length: 12-21.5"/ 30-54,60 cm
- Key Switches: Cherry MX brown mechanical
- 9 fully customizable dual-layer layouts for different applications, operating systems, or users. Every key can be remapped.
- US - QWERTY Layout, 4 Mac/PC replacement keycaps included
- 8 office hotkeys for commonly used shortcuts like Cut, Copy, Paste, Desktop etc - programmable
- Heavy-duty on-the-fly macros with adjustable delays, 9 playback speeds, and up to 300 characters long. Install the latest firmware to increase macro capacity to 100 macros per layout.
- Upgradeable firmware so you always have the latest features and optimal compatability
- single and double mouse-clicks can be assigned to any key to eliminate unnecessary clicks
- Plug-and-play on all USB operating systems, no special drivers to install or software to download
- Custom settings are saved directly to the keyboard for maximum portability and versatility
- Use the onboard programming shortcuts or launch the no-install SmartSet Programming App (Windows and Mac versions) directly from the keyboard
- Package Contents: Keyboard with pre-loaded SmartSet App for Windows and Mac, Quick Start Guide, 4 extra Mac keycaps, keycap puller
- Accessoires available
- SKU: KB900-BRN
- Dimensions: 15.5" x 7.25" x 1.25" / 39 x 18,4 x 3,17 cm
- Weight: 2.6 lbs / 1.18 kg
- USB cable length: 6 feet / 180 cm
The SmartSet Programming Engine allows you to customize the keyboard’s layout to your needs without installing any software or special drivers, or even accessing the internet. Record your macros, remap the keys, and much more - using convenient onboard shortcuts. SmartSet is designed to work on all major operating systems and enables you to easily create, edit, share, and backup your personal layouts.
- Dual-Layer layouts with secondary actions embedded in the “Keypad” layer
- Switch between Windows and Mac (extra keycaps included)
- One-touch, onboard key remapping to customize the layout
- Heavy-duty, on-the-fly macros up to 300 characters long. 9 playback speeds, timing delay to ensure proper playback.
- Upgrade to the latest firmware for even more macros… 100 per layout!
- All settings are saved to the keyboard’s 4MB flash memory.
SmartSet Programming App
Prefer a graphical interface for customizing the Advantage’s layout and settings? Launch the no-install SmartSet App directly from the keyboard on your Windows or Mac computer to view layouts, adjust keyboard settings and create/edit macros.