The Freestyle2 keyboard has a zero degree slope that minimizes the height and creates a negative slope, resulting in reduced wrist extension.
The two modules of the keyboard are connected by a flexible pivot tether which allows an infinite range of splay. You can disconnect the pivot tether to completely separate the modules and keep them at any desired position within the 9 or 20 inches reach of the connecting cable. This reduces ulnar deviation considerably.
The award-winning split keyboard design addresses the ergonomic risk factors that occur when typing on a standard keyboard. Most keyboards have a 10 degree positive slope from front to back, bending your wrists awkwardly. The adjustment of the body to this situation may result in serious repetitive strain injuries and aches from fingertips to shoulders and neck.
The Freestyle 2 keyboard provides hot keys for frequently used actions with a vertical rib on the inside row for tactile notification to the user.
The keyboard features quiet, low-force, tactile membrane key switches. The maximum key force is less than 75% of the force most keyboards need, providing relief to your fingers, arms and hands.
- Low Profile: With a zero-degree slope towards the back of the keyboard, and in combination with optional cushioned palm supports you can eliminate wrist extension.
- Compact Design: Place your mouse closer to your center thanks to the smaller footprint of the tenkeyless keyboard. Find the numbers embedded in the keypad.
- Adjustable Split: Separate the two modules to your shoulder-width so you can keep your wrists straight. Choose between 9" and 20" link cable for different body types.
- Tenting: With tenting accessories you can tilt the keyboard by 5, 10, and 15 degree to the middle to reduce forearm pronation that is caused by flat keyboards.
- Adjustable Splay: With the pivot tether you can splay the key modules to achieve a neutral wrist angle. Thus, you eliminate ulnar deviation.
- Low Force Keys: Have a tactile feedback with custom membrane key switches: they offer 25% lower activation force than standard keyboards.
- 8 Office Hotkeys: Less awkward key combinations to boost your productivity! That's possible with the convenient Windows or Mac hotkeys.
- Vertical Tenting: With the Ascent accessory, the keyboard can be tented from 20 to 90 degrees to meet special needs. This is compatible with the 20" cable version of the Freestyle 2 keyboard. Accessory not included.
- Plug-and-Play compatible with all USB operating systems
- Operating systems: Windows 7-10, Linux (multimedia and calculator keys are inoperative)
- Linking cable 9" / 22.8 cm or 20" / 50.8cm
- USB cable 71" / 182 cm
- Key Switches: Low-Force membrane switches with tactile feedback
- Tenkeyless layout (PC USB version includes embedded 10-key), QWERTY
- 8 office hotkeys (Internet Page Forward and Back, Undo, Web Home, Cut, Copy and Paste)
- Package Contents: Keyboard, Quick Start Guide, (Bluetooth models include micro USB charging cable)
- Accessoires available
- SKU: KB800PB-us or KB800PB-us-20
9" cable: 15.4"-23.5" x 7.1" x 0.8" / 39-52 x 18 x 1.6 cm
Distance between F and J Keys: 3.5" - 11.5"
20" cable: 15.4-37.8" x 7.1" x 0.8" / 39-52 x 18 x 1.6 cm
Distance between F and J Keys: 3.5" - 25.7"
Weight: 1,08 kg