Freestyle 2 Keyboard US MAC
incl. VAT, plus shipping
Delivery Time 2 - 3 Business days
The Freestyle2 keyboard by US manufacturer Kinesis has a zero degree slope that minimizes the height and creates a negative slope, resulting in reduced wrist extension.
The two modules of the keyboard are connected by a flexible pivot tether which allows an infinite range of splay. You can disconnect the pivot tether to completely separate the modules and keep them at any desired position within the 9 or 20 inches reach of the connecting cable. Find the perfect place for them to rest your hands on - in the most natural posture, equalling your shoulder width, no matter the body type. This reduces ulnar deviation considerably.
It has an award-winning split keyboard design which addresses the ergonomic risk factors that occur when typing on a standard keyboard. Most keyboards - even ergonomic models - have a 10 degree positive slope from front to back. To type on them, you need to bend your wrists awkwardly. The necessary adjustment of your body to a standard keyboard makes you twist your arms and tighten your muscles, so you eventually end up with aches from fingertips to shoulders and neck.
The Freestyle 2 keyboard provides driverless hot keys for commonly used mouse actions like web page Forward and Back, Undo, Web Home, Cut, Copy and Paste. A vertical rib on the inside row of these keys provides tactile notification to the user.
The keyboard features quiet, low-force, tactile membrane key switches. The maximum key force of them is about 45 grams. This is less than 75% of the force most keyboards need - e.g. the Microsoft 4000 with over 60 grams maximum key forces.
Thanks to the slim design, the Freestyle 2 can be used as office and travel keyboard.
- Low Force Keys have a tactile feedback with custom membrane key switches: they offer 25% lower activation force than standard keyboards.
- 8 Office Hotkeys: Less awkward key combinations to boost your productivity! That's possible with the convenient Windows or Mac hotkeys.
- Adjustable Splay: With the pivot tether you can splay the key modules to achieve a neutral wrist angle. Thus, you eliminate ulnar deviation.
- Adjustable Split: Separate the two modules to your shoulder-width so you can keep your wrists straight. Choose between 9" and 20" link cable for different body types.
- Tenting: With tenting accessories you can tilt the keyboard by 5, 10, and 15 degree to the middle to reduce forearm pronation that is caused by flat keyboards.
- Low Profile: With a zero-degree slope towards the back of the keyboard, and in combination with optional cushioned palm supports you can eliminate wrist extension.
- Compact Design: Place your mouse closer to your center thanks to the smaller footprint of the tenkeyless keyboard. Find the numbers embedded in the keypad.
- Vertical Tenting: With the Ascent accessory, the keyboard can be tented from 20 to 90 degrees to meet special needs. This is compatible with the 20" cable version of the Freestyle 2 keyboard. Accessory not included.
- Plug-and-Play compatible with all USB operating systems
- Operating systems: Mac OS X
- Linking cable 9" / 22.8 cm
- USB cable 71" / 182 cm
- Key Switches: Low-Force membrane switches with tactile feedback
- Tenkeyless layout, QWERTY
- 8 office hotkeys (Internet Page Forward and Back, Undo, Web Home, Cut, Copy and Paste)
- Package Contents: Keyboard, Quick Start Guide, (Bluetooth models include micro USB charging cable)
- Accessoires available
- SKU: KB800HMB-us
15.4"-23.5" x 7.1" x 0.8" / 39-52 x 18 x 1.6 cm
Distance between F and J Keys: 3.5" - 11.5"
Weight: 1,08 kg
- Lift Kit VIP3 for use with palm support
- Lift Kit V3 for use without palm support
- Ascent Kit for up to 90° tenting
- palm pads
- key number pad
- Palm support with pads
These Accessories are not included and can be ordered separately.