The Freestyle2 keyboard by US manufacturer Kinesis has an award-winning split keyboard design which addresses the known ergonomic risk factors that occur when typing on a standard keyboard. Most keyboards - even many ergonomic models - have a 10 degree positive slope from front to back, which can lead to extending your wrists while typing on them. Also, typing on standard, fixed keyboards forces your hands, wrists and arms into awkward positions that can lead into aches and pains from fingertips to shoulders and neck.
The Freestyle2 keyboard addresses this by offering a zero degree slope that minimizes the height and creates a negative slope, resulting in reduced wrist extension.
The two modules of the keyboard are connected by a flexible pivot tether which allow an infinite range of splay. You can disconnect the pivot tether to completely separate the modules and keep them at any desired position within the 9 or 20 inches reach of the connecting cable. Thus, the keyboard adjusts to your unique body type and shoulder width reducing ulnar deviation as well as arm and shoulder pain.
The Freestyle2 features quiet, low-force, tactile membrane key switches with a maximum key force of about 45 grams. This is less than 25% - 30% of the force most traditional and many ergonomic membrane keyboards have - e.g. the Microsoft 4000 with over 60 grams maximum key forces.
The keyboard also provides driverless hot keys for commonly used mouse actions like web page Forward and Back, Undo, Web Home, Cut, Copy and Paste. A vertical rib on the inside row of these keys provides tactile notification to the user.
Thanks to the slim design, the Freestyle 2 can be used as office and travel keyboard.
- Adjustable Split: Separate the two modules to your shoulder-width, keeping your wrists straight. Choose between 9" and 20" link cable for different body types.
- Tenting: With optional tenting accessories you can laterally tilt the keyboard by 5, 10, and 15 degree to reduce forearm pronation that is caused by flat keyboards.
- Low Profile: Zero-degree slope from front to back in combination with optional cushioned palm supports eliminates wrist extension.
- Compact Design: The Embedded 10-key reduces overall width and places your mouse closer to your center reducing over-reach.
- Low Force Keys: Customer low-force, tactile key switches: offer 25% lower activation force than standard keyboards.
- 8 Office Hotkeys: Reduce mouse clicks and awkward key combinations to boost your productivity! That's possible with the convenient Windows or Mac hotkeys.
- Adjustable Splay: With the pivot tether you can splay the key modules to achieve a neutral wrist angle. Thus, you eliminate ulnar deviation.
- Vertical Tenting: With the Ascent accessory, the keyboard can be tented from 20 to 90 degrees to meet special needs. This is compatible with the 20" cable version of the Freestyle 2 keyboard. Accessory not included.
- Plug-and-Play compatible with all USB operating systems
- Operating systems: Windows 7-10, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, Chrome
- Linking cable 9" / 22.8 cm or 20" / 50.8cm
- USB cable 71" / 182 cm
- Key Switches: Low-Force membrane switches with tactile feedback
- Tenkeyless layout (PC USB version includes embedded 10-key), QWERTZ
- 8 office hotkeys (Internet Page Forward and Back, Undo, Web Home, Cut, Copy and Paste)
- Package Contents: Keyboard, Quick Start Guide, (Bluetooth models include micro USB charging cable)
- Accessoires available
- SKU: KB800PB-de or KB800PB-de-20
9" cable: 15.4"-23.5" x 7.1" x 0.8" / 39-52 x 18 x 1.6 cm
Distance between F and J Keys: 3.5" - 11.5"
20" cable: 15.4-37.8" x 7.1" x 0.8" / 39-52 x 18 x 1.6 cm
Distance between F and J Keys: 3.5" - 25.7"
Weight: 1,08 kg